The massive success of marketplace model with the typical example like Esty, Themeforest seems to inspire smart business owners a lot. Where is this success from? An easy method for you to host third-party vendors. This business model seems to be more complicated than other traditional online stores; therefore, you will require an Ecommerce platform with the unique functionality multi-vendor marketplaces. In this article, I will list the three most strong ecommerce platforms for marketplace model along with their typical example, in the view of a long-year experience developer and hope you find it helpful.
- WordPress with Multi store WordPress theme package.
More than a simple theme, this product from Netbase team is a complete solution for the marketplace. It’s affordable price-wise and easy to use thanks to its familiar WordPress interface, WordPress is always famous for its easy to use and convenience. Multistore WordPress theme comes with all necessary plugins including:
- SiteOrigin Page Builder: build responsive grid-based page content that adapts to mobile devices with pixel-perfect accuracy just by drag and drop. So you can create widgets without writing any single line of code.
- Multivendor with all functions related to managing orders, vendors and products such as Birds Eye View With Reports, Dashboard For Each Seller, Each Seller Setup Their Store Settings, Order Status Counter Widget On Seller Dashboard
- Other WordPress plugins are integrated including Ajax cart, Quick view, Color Swatch, Mega menu, etc.
- Magento with Magento 2 marketplace theme package
Magento is known as the strongest platform among a lot of Ecommerce platform available in the market. Therefore, it is not too strange that Magento appears as the ideal platform to build a marketplace website. Magento 2 marketplace theme package comes with a fully-functioning multi-vendor marketplace:
- A theme with a perfect interface: powerful and creative header and footer, colors can be customized easily, all kinds of products are classified clearly.
- Multivendor with all functions that support your management process in terms of orders, vendors and products and services. It also allows admin and sellers to add video and manage reviews to build the credibility of a website.
- Other Magento extensions and featured are added: Magento 2 Quick view, multi-currencies, and languages, multi Google fonts, Cross-browsers, etc.
- CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Edition
With the version of CS-Cart, your marketplace will be a feature-rich but pricey multi-vendor marketplace platform.
CS-Cart definitely has the best default search functionality. Customers can sort and filter by a variety of options.
But even better is that each vendor’s profile page includes an option to search only that vendor. None of the other platforms offer this default functionality.
You can choose to enable or disable reviews globally or for individual products. Customers can only review individual products, though. There’s no aggregated vendor rating.
You can set the commission rate for individual sellers. Commissions can be either percentages or flat fees. When customers pay, the money goes directly to you (the site administrator). You then distribute the money according to the commission structure.
The last words,
The three e-commerce platforms we mentioned above are the three brightest candidates for you when choosing a platform to build marketplace model. What would be the best will depend a lot on your requirement but we hope that through this article, you can make the sound decision.